Friday, February 20, 2009

Random Happenings

It's been a while, yes I know. I'm a terrible blogger. But! I aspire to be a great one! Starting today! Um, tomorrow...

It's Friday again. This week was fairly typical at work. Life at home has been great.

Valentine's day was pretty cool I must say. The hubby and I usually go out and have dinner and maybe a movie, but this year we decided to include our little girl. We went to Chuck E Cheese for pizza and fun. We had a fantastic time.

My husband had two job offers this week for a teaching position. He just finished his Master's Degree in Elem. Ed/Curriculum & Instruction and now he's finishing out the semester teaching 5th grade. How cool is that? I might try to slip my middle grade novel into the curriculum. Wouldn't that be a cool extra credit project? Believe me, little girls think my book is the bomb. Little boys, not so much.

So, we filed our taxes this week. Hallelujah! In 10-15 days you might find me at Macys. Scratch that, I might take a much needed vacay. My mom tried to convince me to pack my bags and hit the road with them to the Bahamas. My lil' sis and mom are riding a charter bus to Port Canaveral and then cruisin' to Freeport. I'd love to go, but I don't think I can stand to leave my daughter for a whole entire week!! OMG! I'd die. The longest I've left her was a day and that was for a work trip. I would feel totally guilty leaving her behind to frolic at the beach.

Now, next year, when she's two and talking more, maybe...I can picture me and Dex at the beach under the Carribean sun. Or maybe Maui. I dunno. We'll see. We just got back from Italy and in July we're going to Edmonton, Canada. Of course, Edmonton isn't a vacay destination, but it'll be a relaxing, company paid trip. We'll make the most of it.

I've got some great news coming, but I won't share it just yet. We'll see how things play out first.

Ta Ta for now! It's Friday night, and I just got paid!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw the link to your blog on the Blue Board. I hope you enjoy Edmonton this summer. It's been my home since 2002 and is a beautiful city with lots to do and my favorite place I've ever lived in.

I also have a strong interest in writing MG and have been working on my craft since late childhood.