Monday, February 2, 2009

All work and no play makes me a dull chick

Today is Monday and have I ever mentioned how much I abhor Mondays?

I live for the weekends. Fridays are the best. Why? Because on Friday, at 5:01 pm, it's the farthest away from work that I can get. And not to mention that Saturday still hasn't come yet (which is actually the best day of the week) so there's no danger of it disappearing too fast. Then Sunday comes and although I enjoy church, it's bittersweet. Why? Because Monday is looming.

So now that Monday is nearly over. What say you Tuesday? Will you be as monotonous and uninspiring as your former day of the week? Will you??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I might be just a tad bored. Just a tad.

So, right now at work I've got a deadline approaching. I have an abstract due for a meeting presentation that I am doing in July. The abstract will contain results from research I've done over the last 6 months. I am not very excited about it because I wasn't able to add more to it like I wanted to. My instrument was down (not USA made) and it set me back getting the results I wanted. The abstract will suffice (and add nicely to my list of chemistry pubs) but it's not the five star level I desired.

My job can be slightly stressful at times. Of course, we get paid well for the stress, but it can be extremely difficult working in a field such as mine. You always have to be on your toes and your mind is always stretched to the limits. The bottom line is the almighty dollar and not "science for science sake". Science is ever-evolving and therefore, we must be able to adapt. I cherish my experiences in my field, but I must admit there are times when I wish I were a secretary. No offense to any secretaries or admin. assts. out there, but sometimes I secretly wish for a day job where I can just sit and file and answer phones and plan meetings for other people. Whoa is me, right? Yeah, right.

I am thoroughly blessed, this I know. But would I be human if I didn't at least consider the grass on the other side? Is it possible that even if it's not greener, than it smells nicer?

No comments: