Wednesday, April 1, 2009

*Writing Update*

I haven’t signed on the dotted line just yet, but I have an agent who has expressed interest in working with to get my story published!! I don’t usually blog much about my writing…I guess b/c writing the stories takes so much time out of my day that I don’t usually care to blog about the process, ya know? I don’t know. To each, his own, I guess.

But, I digress….This agent is the agent that I had great feelings about and really wanted to work with. I actually had one other agent express interest in my work, one who didn't want any major revisions. One full blown, unqualified offer and then this one, which was contingent upon a rewrite that I ended up agreeing wholeheartedly with. It really makes you feel validated!!

I am in the process of revising the manuscript now, it’s coming to an end soon, so hopefully, said agent will be pleased with my effort and want to shop it around soon to publishers. I am currently looking for beta readers (critiquers) who have a good eye for middle grade language and pacing. Also, someone who can easily connect with multicultural or urban dialect. My characters are funny, strong and innocent and you’ll fall in love with them, I promise.

No comments: