Friday, May 8, 2009

Smelling the Roses

Life is a challenge
Not a competition
You can still smell the roses
And be on a mission

This is a quote from an India.Arie song. I adore her. She has a wonderful outlook on life that shines through her music.

The words really mean something to me. I find myself always running around with a goal. People have often told me to stop and smell the roses. I’m always on a mission. This verse is right. You can do both.

This Sunday is Mother’s day and I’m excited. My husband told me last night that he’s taking me out of town this weekend, but he won’t tell me where. I’m pretty sure he’s taking me home. I really want to see my niece get ready for her prom and I’ve been making comments about it. Other than that, I’m not really sure where we’re going.

Here’s to hoping wherever it is, it has a spa.

No comments: