Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Inauguration!

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you!

I'm going to the inauguration!!!

I emailed my Congressman (John Duncan (R)- TN) and requested tix for the inauguration. I am not sure if it helped, but I did introduce myself as Dr. Murphy (heh, heh). In all honesty, I'm sure that didn't matter one bit. What mattered was my place in line. I was #47 and was told that they were usually only allocated approx. 200 tickets. I requested 4 tix but was only offered 2. Hey, no skin off my back. My younger sis, my neice, husband, daughter and father are all making the trek to DC this weekend, but only my husband and I will attend the ceremonies. My dad is basically going as our babysitter which is freakin'-fan-freakin'-tastic if you ask me!

Hallelujah, We Shall ,(scratch that!), HAVE overcome!

It's been a long time comin', but I know change gon' come--- OH YES IT IS!


No comments: