Thursday, January 15, 2009

Reflections of His Grace

Last night, my daughter woke me up around 2 am and then again around 4 am. She's had a little congestion lately so sleep is always a little more difficult at times like these. We co-sleep so we are pretty much there for her in a second when she wakes up crying. God has certainly been working on my patience lately. When my daughter wakes up in the middle of the night, guess who she wants? Mommy. And guess who has to wake up in the morning? Mommy. Daddy just finished his Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction (w/ Elem. Ed cert.) in Dec. and is taking it easy until the Fall when he'll begin teaching. So Daddy's lucky in that he doesn't have to fight early morning traffic for a while.

As I was rocking my daughter back to sleep at around 4ish, I thought to myself that two years ago this month, I was ecstatic and overjoyed at the opportunity to birth a child. I scanned my memory for those special moments since then that I've been so blessed to experience. The way it felt to carry her in my belly, the birth of my beloved baby, the closeness of nursing her, the experiences of weaning and so many in between.

I don't always have the patience I desire to have, but right then and there I had to thank God for his grace. Without his mercy and love, I don't know where I'd be right now, but I knew it probably wouldn't be here stroking my daughter's face as she snuggled in my arms.

My cup really does run over.

How full is your cup? If you think about it, even though you still have prayers that it doesn't seem like God has answered yet, you're probably living in an overflow too. Praise him right now for all that he has already done! And then, Praise him in advance for all that he is about to do!

No comments: